Friday, July 8, 2016

Review: Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although there are already many YA trilogies with the same formula - female protagonist, first person-narrative, war-torn world, love-triangle..., I think this series is worth reading due to the amazing world-building skills of the author. She's also the type that describes scenes, things and places quite skillfully and ornately (Think Night Circus). I can visualize her colorful (literally) world through-out the entire book, which was quite an amazing experience.I think the characters needs a bit more development, but since there will be two more books that I have to dwell into, my view hopefully will change.

If you are in love with the fantasy world in this series, make sure to check out the Map of Ravka and the expanded map in Siege and Storm by Keith Thompson. They took my breath away.

http://www.leighbardugo.com/wp-conten...
http://www.leighbardugo.com/wp-conten...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment